cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear the total Chip when Reprogramming the MCU; Using STM32CubeIde and a Segger Jlink ;

Ddeve.1
Associate II

I use the STM32CubeIde and the Segger J-link program tool.

I've noticed that when reprogramming only the sectors where the program comes are reflashed.

Since I also use other secoters for data storage, would I also want to delete/clear these when reprogramming the mcu?

How can I set the STM32CubeIde environment to erase the entire flash before programming with the segger J link tool (debug/release)?

Regards,

diederik

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Some options here: You may need to modify them for the equivalent JLink commands/tools.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000Bh8tmx/how-to-erase-flash-before-programming-with-stm32cubeide-solved

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Ddeve.1
Associate II

I think this works for a ST link debugger connection ; unfortunately not for a Segger Jlink?!

When adding "monitor flash mass_erase" to the debug configuration -> Initialization statup :

0693W00000GWgKQQA1.jpgI get the following error :

0693W00000GWgKaQAL.jpg 

Any suggestions?

diederik

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Ddeve.1​ ,

In the user manual UM2609 STM32CubeIDE user guide, there is a dedicated paragraph "Debug using SEGGER J-Link".

I suggest that you refer to it.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.