cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Repository path in CubeIDE?

JBazm.1
Associate III

Hello community, I have a problem with new project creation, whenever I want to create a new project I come across this error: create minimal project failure: cannot read template source. reason: internal error

i know the problem which is having a space in my user folder name which i don't wanna change because it might mess my registry files.

so i'd like change the repository location to another place if it's possible.

thank you for having me.

12 REPLIES 12
Marosh
Associate III

Is there any proper way to restart CubeIDE? I have tried to close the app and run it again and also full PC restart, but the new path is not used. Old path is still used and since there are bad characters it wont work.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

New path to what? To your project or to the 'Cube repository'? If the latter - the old path is already written in the project config. Changing the repository path in the CubeMX/IDE settings won't help for existing projects.

What you can do: open the .project file in text editor and manually fix all instances of the old path. Usually in the  <linkedResources> section.

This fix unfortunately didnt helped :/. So after all I did full reinstall of Cube programs and I make sure to save the appropriate program folders into a path without unsupported characters.