cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build Nucleo 144 projects?

John Hite
Associate III

Greetings,

I just received a Nucleo-F303ZE aka Nucleo-144. The card says there would be code and examples on the NUCLEO-F303ZE page: https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/nucleo-f303ze.html

That page said I might also like: STM32CubeF3. I downloaded that set of files and a patch directory. My first question is how do I apply the patch? I see that some of the patch directories are empty which suggests to me that perhaps I copy over complete directories where the exist. Is that correct?

Next question is examples. What are EWARM, MDK-ARM, and SW4STM32?

The User's manual for the kit says to open my favorite tool chain and rebuild all of the files. I have STM32CubeIDE installed. I tried to import an STM32CubeF3 example project as a makefile project and build it. The IDE said the files would need to be converted from Nucleo. This implies there is another IDE that I should be using. Is there a Nucleo IDE? Since I could not find one I tried to build the project but the IDE said the makefiles was missing although they exist in the debug directory.

So there maybe I need to use a different IDE but it seems I don't know how to import ST projects either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MM..1
Chief II

Hi John,

seems you start with zero knowledge, when you plan use STM32CubeIDE as your favorite, then learn how to use it.

In normal situation you dont download any files manualy, all is managed from IDE.

Start your project as new with project wizard, switch wizard to board selection mode and select Nucleo and empty or prepared example.

IDE download for you all files and create open ioc manager usw...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MM..1
Chief II

Hi John,

seems you start with zero knowledge, when you plan use STM32CubeIDE as your favorite, then learn how to use it.

In normal situation you dont download any files manualy, all is managed from IDE.

Start your project as new with project wizard, switch wizard to board selection mode and select Nucleo and empty or prepared example.

IDE download for you all files and create open ioc manager usw...

Thank you for posting.

Perhaps I asked too many questions in my post so I will start over .

And FYI EWARM, MDK-ARM, and SW4STM32 is folders for other IDEs for example MDK-ARM is for KEIL.

Then in this directories simply doubleclik on known project file and example is opened and ready.

And yes all this in one zip file is confusing.

John Hite
Associate III

Thanks again. Yes it looks like EWARM is related to IAR, etc.

Many project files were missing. Downloaded patch again and allowed overwrites and now see project files. The build starts but states the make file is not in the path. A document suggested moving my examples to a top level directory so I move them to C:\CubeF3. Should I move them to C:\Users\J\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.7.0? I thought directory paths would be resolved relative to project file location, maybe not.