cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use a serial port on the arduino connectors?

Maximiliano
Associate III

I have a stm32H745I-Disco and I would like to use some UART and I would need it to be through one of the pins that the board has called arduino connectors.

I was able to use the USART1 without problem but now I want to use it together with the display and I realize that the pins PB6 and PB7 are being used by vsync_freq and render_time.

What can I do?

The schematic is : https://www.st.com/resource/en/schematic_pack/mb1381-h750xb-b01-schematic.pdf

7 REPLIES 7

Doesn't PB6/PB7 clash with the CAMERA (DCMI) not the DISPLAY

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello Tesla DeLorean

STM32Cubeide indicates the following:

Maximiliano_1-1728173391668.png

Maximiliano_0-1728173386331.png

and if I am not mistaken in PB6 named B5 in the schematic it says that it is connected to a pin of the LCD.

Show me this on the MB1381-B schematic for the H745I / H750I DISCO board..

Not associated with SCREEN/DISPLAY, only DCMI

LCD_VSYNC is PI9

Are you sure you're using the right board template?

h75x_pbx_af.jpg

@STTwo-32 This schematic is unhelpful, the ARD_D0/ARD_D1 connect to PB7 / PB6 USART1 / LPUART1

mb1381_arduino_issue.jpg

mb1381_ard_d0_d1.jpg

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32h750xb.pdf

Show more of you screen so we can understand the CONTEXT CubeIDE is working with, that the board and the part selection are internally consistent.

ST could have messed things up, but this is for DCMI, and the H750B-DK (w/STM32H750XB) doesn't have a camera interface connection.

Just what you mentioned about the schematic confused me a lot too because I think the USART3 and USART1 use the same pin apparently.

could you tell me in which document I can find the image you shared with the peripherals of each pin? I downloaded all the .pdf from the stm32h745i-disco page and could not find it, I remember it was very useful when I was using my stm32f401re.

So from what you mention then they are pins that I will not use since I do not plan to use a camera module in my project and I can use those pins for my USART1 right?

See post above for H750XB Data Sheet, I clipped from the H745 Data Sheet that I had to hand, it's the same IC, but with all the flash memory tested.

The schematic is the one you cited, I'm not sure the board has different revisions, but the NETS for the ARD_D0/D1 got to PB7/PB6

USART3 PB11/PB10 USART3 connects to the ST-LINK VCP

Thank you very much ! I had not seen your previous reply with the link.

It is a new code which was generated from TouchGFX and I opened it in stm32cubeide just to start configuring the UART1 as I did in a clean code from stm32cubeide and realized that the pins were already assigned by defecot to something else.
TouchGFX ver 4.24.0 and stm32cubeide 1.16.0

I will then try simply deleting what those pins were used for by default and assign them to my USART1 to see if it works.