cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault Analyzer - No Hard Fault info; No Toolbar (IDE v1.13.0)

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

STM32F030.

STM32CubeIDE v1.13.0.

I've hit a Hard Fault:

AndrewNeil_3-1721139450921.png

But the Fault Analyzer tells me nothing:

AndrewNeil_0-1721139114360.png

Where's all the other info?

AndrewNeil_1-1721139225361.png

Also, I don't see the promised toolbar buttons anywhere:

AndrewNeil_2-1721139270325.png

See also: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/fault-analyzer-toolbar-missing/m-p/677402/highlight/true#M27539

6 REPLIES 6
Mahmoud Ben Romdhane
ST Employee

Hello @Andrew Neil ,

First let me thank you for posting.

There was a consensus to remove this feature Fault Analyzer toolbar from STM32CubeIDE and a change request has been raised to update the Release Note and the User Manual under this Ticket: 174829.

Thanks.

Mahmoud

@Mahmoud Ben Romdhane wrote:

There was a consensus to remove this feature from STM32CubeIDE

Really - why?!

When was it removed?

@Andrew Neil wrote:

@Mahmoud Ben Romdhane wrote:

There was a consensus to remove this feature from STM32CubeIDE

Really - why?!

When was it removed?

@Mahmoud Ben Romdhane Any update on this?

If it is the case, then this knowledge base article needs to be updated:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-debug-a-hardfault-on-an-arm-cortex-m-stm32/ta-p/672235

@Lina DABASINSKAITE 

Hi @Andrew Neil , thanks for brining this us. We will look into this with the author of this article. Greetings!

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks.

So are you confirming that the Fault Analyser has, in fact, been deliberately removed from CubeIDE?

If so, why?

Me too. I'd like to know what the rationale is for removing a useful tool from the IDE.

- If a post has answered your question, please acknowledge the help you received by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please consider posting a summary of any additional details you've learned. Your new knowledge may help others in the future.