Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to start GDB server

Eng.Kourosh
Associate II

hi guys

could you help me to fix this problem ?

i can programming my program with STM32 ST-LINK Utility and its worked but when i use Run OR Debug in stm32cubeide it does problem

my board and my programmer is in the attechments

19 REPLIES 19

I have the same issue. Could you solve the problem?

If you want any help, do not cause language difficulties for the ones who can help. Nobody will make extra effort for you.

UTopc.1
Associate

Restarting the computer solved it in my case. Strange.

MAyaz.1
Associate II

Check 3.3 volt that come to microprocessor.

Sefo
Associate

It seems as bug of CubeIDE and developers of ST don't pay any attention to this. In my case with STM32L1 series I faced with same problem with CubeIDE v1.4.0 and ST_Link v3 and solved it just by searching "right" settings. Right settings was: reduce frequency to 21 MHz instead of maximum possible 24 MHz and set "Debug in low power mode" to "No configuration" ("Disable" doesn't help).

RPasc.2
Associate III

Sefo - You failed to mention -where- these changes are to be made ! I can't find them.

OKono.2
Associate

Add in your project - # include "stdio.h"

He wrote that unoriginal ST-LINKs from Aliexpress could be causing this problem. Then he took an original ST-LINK and had no problem for 2 days at least. Also he rebuild his invalid st-link connecting swo and rst pins to target board.

In this case the error is expected.

Users relying on fake STM32 devices or fake ST-LINKs cannot expect any ST provided dev tool to work.

I had a similar problem and this worked. Thanks