cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to jump to APP

Niupitang
Associate II

I modified the APPflash address in CUBEIDE, and generated the bin file through the IDE, but when I jumped to the APP program through my own Bootloader, the jump was not successful. There is no problem with the Bootloader program, which is already in other MCU programs. I tried it, I don't know if there is something wrong with my IDE settings0693W00000WHlIYQA1.png0693W00000WHlJHQA1.png0693W00000WHlJ2QAL.png

7 REPLIES 7
Niupitang
Associate II

​If I directly use STLink to download the program to the MCU, I can normally run the APP from the set address, but I can't jump from BOOT.

Toggle some GPIO for example with led , for handle where code is after jump.

Another program of mine, using the APP start address set by the keil magic wand, can jump to the APP normally. I don’t quite understand the difference between setting the APP start address in the IDE and Keil, and whether there are other settings that need to be set. where, my CUBEIDE version is V1.10.1

In addition, I am the generated Bin file, I checked the generated hex file, the address offset is correct

Javier1
Principal

Are you deinitializing every important perpiheral before trying to jump to another APP space?

If youre still having issues with the vector table offset, maybe try this

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000trgpiSAA/how-to-boot-to-random-address-without-vecttaboffset-stm32f072

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

​The problem has been solved. The .s startup file of Boot is inconsistent with the .s startup file of the APP. I did not expect this kind of problem to occur.

good one

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk