cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet "not always working" on a brand new auto-generated STM32CubeIDE project with lwIP + FreeRTOS on F746ZG

scaprile
Associate III

Half the times I reset the MCU, Ethernet does not come up.

I'm using CMSIS_V1 interface.

IDE version is 1.10.1; F7 fw is v1170.

The project has been generated from scratch for an F746ZG and runs on a Nucleo-F746ZG, the PHY has already been configured and everything works fine when it does; either it works or it does not.

No code added, just the auto-generated code.

I already solved the joke of having to set task stack to 256 words to make it not HardFault, I'll be glad to hear about other easter eggs to find.

Are these the "reworked" drivers ? How can I tell ? Is there a release number instead of "22Q2" ?

UPDATE:

These are the "reworked" drivers

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> Are these the "reworked" drivers ? How can I tell ?

Look in the ... HAL drivers directory of your installed STM32CubeF7 library.

If there is a ...hal_eth file under Src/Legacy, Inc/Legacy, this is the pre-reworked "legacy" version, and the hal_eth.c/h files under Src and Inc are the new "reworked" version.

As you already came to know, the quality of the "reworked" drivers is still not quite production, it is still a work in progress.

Thx, this is running on a container and Cube takes care of everything (and doesn't trash my system), but found them and I'm beta testing the reworked version. Thanks again

Oh, yes, thanks, been there before opening this question...

Now I discovered I'm beta testing the reworked versions will follow those that apply.