cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't know how to do certain STM32CubeIDE activities that should be straightforward

CMatt.1
Associate

I have the B-L4S5I-IOT01 board, and there are a number of things that I want to do with the WiFi_HTTP_Server example project in STM32CubeIDE that should be straightforward. Unfortunately, after searching the STM32CubeIDE User Guide (UM2609), I can't find the info that I need. I thought that I would give the user forum a shot for answers before I open a support request.

• The .project files reference vars like PARENT-1-PROJECT-LOC, PARENT-2-PROJECT-LOC, etc. However, I don't see where these vars are defined - either in the IDE or in any of the files that I searched. Does anyone have a better understanding where these vars are defined?
  • How do you add a source file to the project that exists outside of the workspace area? The source files for the example project are imported from another directory and all modifications to them are made in the other directory. Basically, I want to add some source files to that project that are in a new folder. Unfortunately, I don't see any section in the User Manual that explains how to add an existing file to the project much less one that exists in a folder outside of the project workspace.
  • The default project uses the temperature module - HTS221. How do I modify the project to include other sensors like the gyroscope or accelerometer (LSM6DSL)?
  • In the IDE, how do you create a new project that is a copy of an existing project but with a different project and target name? The existing project results in the ELF file building in .\B-L4S5I-IOT01A\Applications\WiFi\WiFi_HTTP_Server\STM32CubeIDE\Debug. I want to create a new project that uses the same source files but results in a different build - like .\B-L4S5I-IOT01A\Applications\WiFi\test_WiFi_HTTP_Server\STM32CubeIDE\Debug.
  • (This question is probably only answerable by someone from STM support staff.) The WiFi_HTTP_SERVER project does not appear to have been created with STM32CubeIDE because there is no .IOC configuration file. How was this project created? What tool(s) were used, and are they available for download?

Thanks for any help that I get. My expectation is that all of this should be fairly simple activities for the IDE, but I don't see how to do them from the User Manual. If I don't get the answers, opening a support request is the next step. I just don't like going there as the first step.

Regards,

Chuck

1 REPLY 1
Guillaume K
ST Employee

hello

STM32CubeIDE is based on Eclipse IDE for C/C++. You may find more answers by searching for this.

PARENT-1-PROJECT-LOC means "one directory above the directory containing .project file" ; PARENT-2-PROJECT-LOC two directories above directory containing .project file, etc

to add a source file, several ways:

• in CubeIDE Project Explorer, right click on the project, select Import, then General / Filesystem. Click Next. Browse to the directory where the source file to add is located. Select (check) the source file to add. click on Advanced and check "create links in workspace". ensure "create link locations relative to PROJ_LOC" is checked. Then click on Finish.
  • or edit with a text editor the .project file by taking example from other source files inside. Note: you must restart CubeIDE so that it takes into account the new file in the .project
  • or (if you are on Windows) drag and drop from Windows File Explorer to CubeIDE Project Explorer window (in a virtual folder in a project) and select "link to files" and relative to project location