cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I load STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.5.0 examples into STM32CubeIDE 1.13.1 without errors?

patter_cat
Associate

I have a NUCLEO-G431KB board. I just installed STM32CubeIDE 1.13.1 and loaded STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.5.0 example projects in my workspace. When I build the projects, I get compile errors.

The first kind of error has a "no rule to make target..." and is associated with the stm32g4xx_hal.c file. I assume it has to do with relative pathways but when I tried to include these pathways manually I did not succeed. 

When I just clicked on the .project file, I got different errors, this time the sysmem.c file especially (it was calling certain variables undefined, etc.). 

It seems to me that compiling and running these projects onto my board is supposed to be very straightforward, so I'd appreciate detailed step-by-step instructions.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

In STM32CubeIDE, go to File -> New -> STM32 Project.

Go to the Example Selector tab.

Choose your board, then choose a project, then hit Next and create it.

TDK_0-1692227217205.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @patter_cat and welcome to the Community 🙂,

This issue is already posted here and reported internally.

To solve the building errors, please try to replace 'caddr_t' with 'void *'  in sysmem.c or include the <sys/types.h> to sysmem.c.

Internal ticket number: 158666(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.