cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device configuration tool not working i cannot also set targeted project type to stm32cube but only to empty , have tryin several board types and cpu , after click "finish" the device configurator doesnt displaying nothing it is empty white window

Lfili.11
Associate II

I have tryin many versions of stm32cubeide + reinstalling them + also reinstalling windows 10 and still cannot get running device configuration tool inside ide etc..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello @Lfili.1​ ,

I can't reproduce the same problem on my Windows 10, but one of my colleagues managed to replicate using a mac.

Here are some tips that might help you get started:

• Update the database by clicking on the "Help" menu and go to "Check for target selector device database updates" and then click on the "Refresh" button.
  • Update software packages by clicknig on the "Help" menu and go to "Check for embedded software packages updates" and then click on the "Refresh" button.
  • If none of the two bullets above helps, try to manually download the software package for the board (which can be found here) and then point to it from a local repository by going to "Help" menu and go to "Manage Embedded Software Packages" and then click on "From Local..."

Let me know if it works out or not!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Lfili.11
Associate II

It looks like something is wrong with target selector/board selector when i click to choose the board seems application is not choosing any board and just directing me to next step which i showed on photo , also on the left side in board selector it dont displaying any pinouts of cpu/board

TDK
Guru

Did you press Next to create the project?

Maybe I'm missing something.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Lfili.11
Associate II

hehe exactly i did press next , and after pressing i have option to choose targeted project type > empty only not stm32cube

TDK
Guru

You press next twice, then finish. If that's not working, show a screenshot of the page that isn't working for you.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello @Lfili.1​ ,

I can't reproduce the same problem on my Windows 10, but one of my colleagues managed to replicate using a mac.

Here are some tips that might help you get started:

• Update the database by clicking on the "Help" menu and go to "Check for target selector device database updates" and then click on the "Refresh" button.
  • Update software packages by clicknig on the "Help" menu and go to "Check for embedded software packages updates" and then click on the "Refresh" button.
  • If none of the two bullets above helps, try to manually download the software package for the board (which can be found here) and then point to it from a local repository by going to "Help" menu and go to "Manage Embedded Software Packages" and then click on "From Local..."

Let me know if it works out or not!

I did updated all of packages like you say but i still facing same problem.

Just after loading manually packages for my board the device configuration manager finally started... so thanks for help

but it is weird why it doesnt functioning after downloading packages via cubemx

Regards