cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger wont launch

DTovey
Associate II

I've been using the STM32CubeIDE on a Ubuntu system to develop code for our STM32 based device. Up until today everything was working just fine. But today I made some changes to my code, and when I went to launch the debugger to try it out, I get nothing. I click the Debug button in the tool-bar, nothing. If I go to the Menu and select Run->Debug, nothing. Everything else seems to be working (builds work, I can switch perspectives, etc). It just seems that the debugger won't launch. The frustrating part for me is that I can't even find where to look for info. Is there a log file someplace that might have debugger output?

The only thing that I can think of that I might have changed since the last time I ran the debugger is yesterday in installed PyDev (we use python for automated test scripts). That seemed to work fine, but then the debugger stopped, so I uninstalled PyDev (didn't help). I even tried re-installing STM32CubeIDE but still no joy.

Any pointers as to where to look would be greatly appreciated.

/dwight

12 REPLIES 12
Aleksandr S.
Associate II

I ran into the fact that debugging did not launch. I reinstalled CubeIde - it didn't help.

Then I just created a new workspace and that helped!

'SMike
Associate III

I just ran into this on Windows. Bummer because PyDev is a key part of my IDE. I'll try reinstalling at a later date and watching which boxes I leave checked when I install it.

Removed PyDev and then rebuilt the workspace and that appears to be working so far.

Old Man
Associate II

Hi,

I am facing the same issue using Windows setup.
Some time ago, I faced the same issue using MAC.
Please refer to the following link.

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcu/debug-using-stm32cube-ide-on-mac-os-is-not-working/td-p/68406

Any update on this issue?

Please note that the only way to solve this, is to create a new workspace.

WIth regards.