cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube IDE: window with variable content on mouse-over variable size is too small

pl
Associate II

Use: Cube IDE rev. 1.7.0 on Debian Linux;

Normal: mouse over variable opens a window showing the content of a variable or a defined value.

Error: a window with zero width opens (a vertical bar) so the content of the window is not readable. It is not possible to enlarge this window again.

Maybe I accidentally shifted the width of the window to 0, but I cannot increase its size though size-change-arrows appear.

Any hints how to proceed? Is there a setup-file containing correlated values and maybe, where are these located or named? Thanks in advance, Peter

6 REPLIES 6
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

Could you provide a screenshot of the window? My initial thought is that it should be resizable but if it's not then I might need to try it for myself.

pl
Associate II

Hi Markus, made a camera screenshot bcs on Linux the context window opening on mouse-over disappears when invoking a screnshot.

You can see a small vertical window which seems to contain something; hitting it with the mouse a double-arrow appears as for to change its size - but cannot be done. ... trying to upload the image ...

pl
Associate II

0693W00000GYU9yQAH.jpg

pl
Associate II

don't know why there are two pictures - I inserted only one. The cursor is over the variable 'volt' and a very narrow but vertically well sized window appears. Usually it contains the value(s) and other information of the variable. It might have been that I accidentally minimized the width of this window to 0 maybe using the trackpad (which tends to do nasty things) and now cannot enlarge it again.

Now I am looking for an file containing setting information on this parameter to change it manually. Maybe it is also valuable to limit this variable to avoid this error in future versions of the software. Thanks for your efforts.

PKoto.1
Associate

Hello,

I have the same problem in Cube v 1.10.1 running on Ubuntu 20.04, java version 18.0.2. This was working ok on Cube 1.9. Any chance you've found the fix?

Thanks.

PKoto.1
Associate

By some dumb luck, I've found it!

In debug mode, hover over the variable until the sliver of a window shows up. Then hit F2. The window should show up somewhere away from the variable. For me it showed up slightly bigger over the console window. From there I was able to resize it. Now when I hover over a variable, it shows up as resized. You should be able to repeat this if you want it bigger or smaller.

Good luck.