cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Causes of errors that appear irregularly when building a project

lamzawa
Associate II

Hi,everyone!
When I build a project, I get the errors "c:/st/stm32cubeide_1.15.0/stm32cubeide/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.win32_2.1.300.202402091052/tools/bin/sh: arm-none-eabi-gcc: not found" and "make: *** [Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/subdir.mk:73: Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_XXX.o] Error 127"(XXX is the name of the file.) in the CDT Build Console for no apparent reason.
The number of these errors changes each time I build, making it difficult to identify the cause of this problem. No matter how many searches I did, I could not find anything, and when I checked with my colleagues, no one was aware of these errors. Can someone please help me with my biggest question.スクリーンショット 2024-06-22 135756.png

7 REPLIES 7
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

is this your first project ?

Did you make already working projects ?

Did you "generate code" ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

First of all, thank you for replying.
Q1. is this your first project ?

A1. No,I am on a team that builds robots and we are writing a new code for the next competition.

Q2. Did you make already working projects ?

A2. Yes,I have written code for several robots and they actually work.

Q3. Did you "generate code" ?

A3. Of course!
These errors occur during the process of generating code and writing the program.
A program that worked 5 minutes ago may suddenly get this error.

Hmmm...

error: xxx.o not found , so compiler output file not existing or deleted.

A: still much free space on drive/partition ? 

B: "someone else" delete the files - antivirus/firewall etc active ?

C: if you open other, old project and (re-)compile - does this work without errors ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

A. Yes, if it is about 70 GB, it should remain.
B. If it is Antimalware Service Executable, it should be valid. One thing that I personally find suspicious is that when I clone a CubeIDE project on github, the Driverfile of the pre-clone project is faulty.
C. When I recompile other old projects, some projects work without errors and others do not. This is not always a constant project.

> B >If it is Antimalware Service Executable, it should be valid.

No, to test, is it doing something with the download files, switch it off, or delete it.

Anyway useless, imho.

Probably the multi-threading  -j  option, things didn't complete, parts left unbuilt.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Can you please tell me what is  "the multi-threading  -j  option" ?