cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install Devstyle Darkest Dark Theme (solved)

Tom MacDonald
Associate III

Update: To get it to work, do a fresh install of the IDE, untick the CDT site in "Available Software Sites" (Help->Install New Software then "Manage"), and then install DevStyle from marketplace

Sister issue on the Genuitec forum site: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/devstyle-not-installing-in-stm32cubeide/

I use STM32CubeIDE with the DevStyle Darkest Dark Theme extension from Eclipse Marketplace on two different 64-bit windows 10 computers without problem.

Over the past couple of days, I've been trying to install the same plugin on a different 64-bit windows 10 computer but it doesn't seem to work.

After a fresh install of STM32CubeIDE_v1.11.0_13638_20221122_1308, I do the following:

• Click Help->Eclipse Marketplace....
  • Search DevStyle
  • Click Install beside Darkest Dark Theme with DevStyle 2022.6.13a

Then I leave the default components selected and I click on the Confirm button:

0693W00000WKaVNQA1.png 

after processing the click for about 20 seconds, I get the following error displayed:

The installation cannot be completed as requested.

0693W00000WKaVmQAL.png 

If I click Show original error and build my own solution radio button I get:

0693W00000WKaW1QAL.png 

Here is the specific error message copy/pasted:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: DevStyle with CodeTogether Bundle 1.11.0.202206271604 (com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.feature.feature.group 1.11.0.202206271604)
  Missing requirement: DevStyle with CodeTogether Bundle 1.11.0.202206271604 (com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.feature.feature.group 1.11.0.202206271604) requires 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; com.genuitec.eclipse.codetogether.feature.feature.group 1.0.0' but it could not be found

If I then select "show original error and build my own solution" and select Install fewer items than originally requested then it appears to break the IDE because I can no longer build my project after the IDE restarts following the partial install

0693W00000WKaWBQA1.png 

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry to read this, and indeed I confirm that DevStyle breaks the IDE with default settings.

To get it working I had to do a fresh installation again, untick the CDT url from the Available Software Sites list, and install DevStyle again with only the required feature selected. Not straightforward I must admit (ticket logged internally).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AScha.3
Chief
  • and, if you install "default" , select no extras - what happens ?
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Tom MacDonald
Associate III

What extras are you referring to?

If I select Keep me installation same and modify the items being installed to be compatible option then it does the same thing (i.e. DevStyle with CodeTogether Bundle will not be installed.

If I use the IDE without the darkest dark extension installed (or partially installed) then it works fine.

As mentioned above, this is working on two other computers with fresh windows 10 installs.

I tried a few different previous versions of the STM32Cube IDE but all encounter the same error on this particular PC.

ONadr.1
Senior III

Sometimes it helps for installations when CubeIDE is run as an administrator.

Julien D
ST Employee

AFAIK the issue is about the DevStyle with CodeTogether Bundle feature. If you simply get the required feature selected then it should work.

For more details I encourage you to contact directly the software provider, see https://www.genuitec.com/products/devstyle/

Here is the log file containing the list of errors that are encountered when I start the IDE after installing DevStyle.

Sorry to read this, and indeed I confirm that DevStyle breaks the IDE with default settings.

To get it working I had to do a fresh installation again, untick the CDT url from the Available Software Sites list, and install DevStyle again with only the required feature selected. Not straightforward I must admit (ticket logged internally).