cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create Debug/Run configuration on freshly installed CubeIDE

PRutk.2
Associate II

I needed to prepare laptop for some coding purposes and I installed Cube IDE 1.6.1, ST-Link Utility and drivers (v 4.2) and Cube programmer (v 2.6). All is OK, except the fact that I can't create any Run/Debug configuration (when I try to do it program gets stuck. Same happens when I try to open previously created debug configuration (another PC, same SW versions).

I'm running Win10.

Would be very grateful for some help, as I need to debug some stuff in the field.

Regards,

Piotr

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Please share more details and screenshots to help you solve your issue.

When you click Run > Debug As > STM32 MCU C/C++ Application, you will get a pop-up window to set the debug configurations and you should keep as default and click OK.  Do you have this step ?

Have a look to the STM32CubeIDE release v1.6.1 to check if you have the same conditions as described in the table "Main limitations in STM32CubeIDE v1.6.1".

I advise you these resources that may help you on your porject configuration with STM32CubeIDE.

Hope this helps you!

If you still need help, feel free to ask your question in more detail.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
PRutk.2
Associate II

Hello,

Many thanks for your brief response!

The point is that I cannot create nor edit a debug configuration. If I click Run > Debug As I don't have any configuration available (even if I import the project from another system that runs perfectly fine with same software versions - I don't have its debug configuration - the file is in the system, yet is not interpreted by IDE; see "Screenshot_1.png"). If I try to create a new configuration - IDE gets stuck and does not respond anymore (see "Screenshot_2.png" and "Scfreenshot_3.png" - in fact they are almost identical - no pop-up window appeared, and IDE got stuck). I've been thinking of some problem with GDB server or maybe toolchain, but until now - I could not find a solution.

Regards,

Piotr

0693W00000BbCPVQA3.png0693W00000BbCPfQAN.png0693W00000BbCRvQAN.png

PRutk.2
Associate II

Probably SOLVED.

I will try not to use mean language, but the #$%^#^#^ firewall was blocking GDB server...

I will test to fully confirm the that it was really the problem.

Regards,

Piotr