cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs in CubeIDE and how/where to report them?

nk2
Associate II

Hi.

I just started with CubeIDE and with first minutes I dont like it. Too much bugs at the very beginning.

After some fight with bugs it started working finally. But I want tabs, not spaces. I can't find any editor settings. Internal help crashed after click into topic... And still I have spaces :\

8 REPLIES 8
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @Semer CHERNI ,

Could you please look at this case or find someone who can help?

Thank you.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Radosław
Senior II

code formater, you can change almost everything.

spend some time to look and preferences.

AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

> Too much bugs at the very beginning.

To report, describe what you did and what was wrong then...

Separate, for every "bug" .

And about your IDE : version, system, clean install ?

My version 1.13.1 , on Linux MX , looking at help in a topic:

AScha3_0-1718443916880.png

Never a problem with this. 🙂

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@nk2 wrote:

I want tabs, not spaces.

Window > Preferences:

AndrewNeil_0-1718445028925.png

General > Editors > Text Editors:

AndrewNeil_1-1718445064135.png

Note that the CubeIDE is built on Eclipse, so a lot of things like this you can find in general Eclipse documentation - not specific to ST

https://www.eclipse.org/documentation/

https://help.eclipse.org/2024-06/index.jsp?nav=%2F0 

looking at help in a topic:

But I already told help is not working. Click into topic gives blank window...

Note that the CubeIDE is built on Eclipse, so a lot of things like this you can find in general Eclipse documentation - not specific to ST

I Know. I was using Eclipse about 10-20 years ago.

It was not checked and still I had spaces. But I tried one idea - in another (my favorite) editor I changed all two spaces into tabs and after that that IDE started to make tabs as I wanted.

Thx anyway.

I tried to find bug tracker, but I failed. I think that big, probably mature software from such a big company should have some bug tracker or report mechanism - even worst one. Or maybe not... So should I post bugs into forum???

Anyway, that was fresh install (as mentioned earlier in other words) 1.15.1 on a Debian with Linux kernel.

Ok, so which "Linux" IDE version you used ? 

+

Imagine, you are the one at STM , to deal with error reports : now (maybe 20000 users, reporting no problems) one reports, its "not working perfect on my system".

What you would do with this information ?

What would you change on/ for next version ? 

So -as usual- the description of the error has to be as good as possible, to get a reproducible error, then you or anybody can look for the reason and improve something (or not...).

As long as you have a "problem", for unknown reason , only you can do some try and error game, like uninstall, re-install, use other version, do it as root, modify your rights, etc. , to find out : did you something "wrong", is your system in some way "incompatible" (too new, too old, whatever), does other version of IDE download work better, and : can the problem be reproduced ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".