cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Include paths do not correspond to Include Paths in the settings

Toin
Associate II

Hello, I am trying to add source files in my project, the folder is organized like this : 
- events :
     |  - include :
     |      |  - events :
     |      |      |  - internal :
     |      |      |      |  - Some header files [A]
     |      |      |  - Some other header files [B]
     |  - source :
     |      |  -  .c and .cpp files

I copied the same path list to GCC asm, GCC compiler, G++ compiler :

Toin_0-1722897384992.png

When compiling i get "include not found" errors, i think it fails when including "folder/header.h" instead of just "header.h", but I am not certain.

arm-none-eabi-g++ "../mbed-os/events/source/mbed_shared_queues.cpp" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu++17 -g3 -DDEVICE_MPU=1 -DCONFIG_BAT_24V_LIION -DHW_ID=3 -DDEBUG -DDEVICE_SPI_ASYNCH=1 -DDEVICE_SERIAL=1 -DTARGET_MCU_STM32 -DDEVICE_I2CSLAVE=1 -DTARGET_RTOS_M4_M7 -DTARGET_STM32L4 -DTARGET_MCU_STM32L4 -DSTM32L476xx -DDEVICE_WATCHDOG=1 -DDEVICE_ANALOGOUT=1 -DDEVICE_PORTIN=1 -DTARGET_CORTEX_M -D__MBED_CMSIS_RTOS_CM -DTARGET_RELEASE '-DMBED_BUILD_TIMESTAMP=1619638077.1227326' -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -DDEVICE_INTERRUPTIN=1 -DTOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM -DDEVICE_SERIAL_FC=1 -DTRANSACTION_QUEUE_SIZE_SPI=2 -DTARGET_STM -DDEVICE_I2C_ASYNCH=1 -DDEVICE_USTICKER=1 -DDEVICE_CRC=1 -DTOOLCHAIN_GCC -DMBED_TICKLESS -DDEVICE_PWMOUT=1 -DDEVICE_I2C=1 -DTARGET_NUCLEO_L476RG -DTARGET_NUCLEO_L476RG -DARM_MATH_CM4 -D__MBED__=1 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DDEVICE_RTC=1 -DDEVICE_SPI=1 -D__CORTEX_M4 -DDEVICE_RESET_REASON=1 -DTARGET_CORTEX -D__FPU_PRESENT=1 -DDEVICE_FLASH=1 -D__CMSIS_RTOS -DTARGET_M4 -DEXTRA_IDLE_STACK_REQUIRED -DTARGET_STM32L476xG -DDEVICE_PORTINOUT=1 -DDEVICE_PORTOUT=1 -DDEVICE_ANALOGIN=1 -DDEVICE_LPTICKER=1 -DTARGET_MCU_STM32L476xG -DDEVICE_TRNG=1 -DDEVICE_STDIO_MESSAGES=1 -DTARGET_LIKE_MBED -DDEVICE_CAN=1 -DDEVICE_SPISLAVE=1 -DDEVICE_SERIAL_ASYNCH=1 -DTARGET_LIKE_CORTEX_M4 -DTARGET_NAME=NUCLEO_L476RG -DDEVICE_SLEEP=1 -DMBED_DEBUG -DMBED_TRAP_ERRORS_ENABLED=1 -DMBED_RTOS_SINGLE_THREAD -D__NEWLIB_NANO -DMBED_MINIMAL_PRINTF -DNDEBUG -c -includeC:/Users/antoi/Desktop/repos/firmware_cmd_stm32l432kc/mbed_config.h -O2 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-use-cxa-atexit -Wall -Wextra -funsigned-char -fomit-frame-pointer -c -g3 -Wvla -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fstack-usage -fcyclomatic-complexity -MMD -MP -MF"mbed-os/events/source/mbed_shared_queues.d" -MT"mbed-os/events/source/mbed_shared_queues.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -o "mbed-os/events/source/mbed_shared_queues.o" @"mbed-os/events/source/EventQueue.cpp_includes.args"
../mbed-os/events/source/EventQueue.cpp:17:10: fatal error: events/EventQueue.h: No such file or directory
   17 | #include "events/EventQueue.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [mbed-os/events/source/subdir.mk:35: mbed-os/events/source/EventQueue.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
../mbed-os/events/source/equeue.c:19:10: fatal error: events/equeue.h: No such file or directory
   19 | #include "events/equeue.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I noticed that at the end of the compile command, there is this file mentioned :
"mbed-os/events/source/EventQueue.cpp_includes.args"

This file contains a list of inclusion arguments which look like what I'm including in the project properties, but the "events" folder is missing.
It is being refreshed at every compilation because if i modify it, it goes back to the initial state

I also added a "TEST" folder and added it to the included paths, and it does not appear either

What am I missing to give the compiler the correct paths ?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Toin
Associate II

Found the problem... 
For some reason, the events folder had specific build settings
I found them by right-click on "events" --> properties, It had an old version of the project include paths
Is there a toggle for folder specific settings ? 
I must have enabled them unknowingly :\

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Toin
Associate II

Update : Some cpp files at the root of the project DO get the updated cpp_includes.args, but the source files in "events" do not

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Toin wrote:

- events :
     |  - include :
     |      |  - events :
     |      |      |  - internal :
     |      |      |      |  - Some header files [A]
     |      |      |  - Some other header files [B]
     |  - source :
     |      |  -  .c and .cpp files

For ASCII Art to work, it must be in a mono-spaced font - so use the </> source code button.

@Toin wrote:

i think it fails when including "folder/header.h" instead of just "header.h",

Yes, that's always the trouble with relative paths - you have to be sure what it's relative to !

Hence best to stick to just the "header.h" form, and be sure to add the folder to the paths.

That could also be a result of relative paths ...

Toin
Associate II

Found the problem... 
For some reason, the events folder had specific build settings
I found them by right-click on "events" --> properties, It had an old version of the project include paths
Is there a toggle for folder specific settings ? 
I must have enabled them unknowingly :\