cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 vscode extension does not launch CubeMX or MCUFinder (mac)

CommercialIll4414
Associate II

i've just installed all necessary requirements for the STM32 vscode extension however it doesn't seem to launch cube mx or mcu finder when i click launch from vscode. not sure if its incorrect paths or permission issues?

please see the screenshot for the path settings

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @CommercialIll4414 and welcome to the ST Community .

Have you downloaded and installed the STM32CubeMX and STMCUFinder on your machine. If no, please do it. If yes, please uninstall and re-install them.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

i did download and install them. i will try uninstalling and re-installing them. is there a recommended way to both uninstall and re-install them? it seems a bit unclear from the information i've found online

i can confirm i did a clean uninstall for both MX and Finder using their uninstallers (found in the package contents). i reinstalled them (also following this tip for opening the SetupSTMCUFinder installer file). i then gave vscode and MX full permissions on disk access and linked their paths in the vscode extension:

/Applications/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeMX.app

/Applications/STMicroelectronics/STMCUFinder.app

/opt/ST/STM32CubeCLT_1.16.0

however im still running into the same issue where when i click "Launch STM32CubeMX" or "Launch STMCUFinder" nothing happens...

is this how its supposed to work or have i misunderstood?

any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Rob.Riggs
Senior III

I have the STM32 VS Code extensions installed on my Macbook, along with STM32CubeMX and STMCUFinder, both installed in their default installation path ($HOME).

STM32CubeMX launched fine. But I had to change the settings for the location of STMCUFinder in order for it to work.

/Users/rob/STMCUFinder.app -> /Users/rob/STMCUFinder.app/Contents/Resources/STMCUFinder

This is the configuration for STM32CubeMX:

/Users/rob/STM32CubeMX.app/Contents/Resources/STM32CubeMX

In VS Code, open settings, search for STMCUFinder and change the installation path. It sounds like you will need to do the same for STM32CubeMX as well.