cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Error

ZWei.1
Associate II

Hi, when I use VSCode STM32 extension, VSCode always show this error. Could you help me solve this problem?

Thanks for your help!

0693W00000aJHTRQA4.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
robotdad
Associate III

Looking at your first sreenshot it looks like you are configured to use the MinGW compilers. You need either the STM32IDE or STM32CLT (command line tools) installed in the default location so the extension can find the compilers from ST.

To confirm, did you use the import function in the extension to bring an existing project into VS Code? That generates necessary configuration files to support the build.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

This is not an error. Does the program binary build? Can you run or debug it successfully?

Thanks for your reply. However, it shows as error.

0693W00000aJHdbQAG.png

Not sure this is solves the problem but worth to try:

The filesystem path of your project contains weird characters - see the 2nd line from the bottom of the screenshot. Try to rename the directory.

I am so sorry for replying late. I will try to change it. Thanks again!

robotdad
Associate III

Looking at your first sreenshot it looks like you are configured to use the MinGW compilers. You need either the STM32IDE or STM32CLT (command line tools) installed in the default location so the extension can find the compilers from ST.

To confirm, did you use the import function in the extension to bring an existing project into VS Code? That generates necessary configuration files to support the build.

I am so sorry for replying late. It is really helpful. I didn't install STM32CLT in the dafault location and didn't add it to system path.