cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MPU157F-DK2 issue with flashing the built image with Distribution Package

ISach.1
Associate II

Hey,

I was able to successfully flash the Starter Package following this article and after building the OpenSTLinux distribution following this, I'm having trouble with flashing it. After completeing the build process, inside the flashlayout_st-image-weston, there are 3 folders optee, extensible and deleteall. I was looking for trusted folder like in starter package but it is not available. Then I tried to follow article found here with cube programmer interface and through terminal with FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157f-dk2-optee.tsv but i'm getting following error.

Error: failed to download Segment[0]

Error: failed to download the File

Error: Download partition 0x05 failed

Error: TSV flashing service failed

After that I tried to flash with FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-optee.tsv in Starter Package but it also showed the same issue. I have attached the cube programmer terminal output. Apreciate if anyone can help me with this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @PatrickF​ ,

Thanks for your reply.

I was able to enable truested boot by uncommenting

BOOTSCHEME_LABELS += "trusted"

in stm32mp15-disco.conf file. To flash the firmware, there was this mentioning to use 157c-dk2 tsv files instead of 157f-dk2. With that, I was able flash the board. Issue was mentioned as when running at 800MHz. Is there any other solution for this ? What is the real reason behind this ?

I have attached the board console log below.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @ISach.1​ 

could you please provide board console log ?

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @PatrickF​ ,

Thanks for your reply.

I was able to enable truested boot by uncommenting

BOOTSCHEME_LABELS += "trusted"

in stm32mp15-disco.conf file. To flash the firmware, there was this mentioning to use 157c-dk2 tsv files instead of 157f-dk2. With that, I was able flash the board. Issue was mentioned as when running at 800MHz. Is there any other solution for this ? What is the real reason behind this ?

I have attached the board console log below.

Thanks.

Good to see you overcome the issue.

In fact trusted boot (TF-A SP-MIN) is not recommended anymore (that's explain why it is commented) and future OpenSTLinux packages will support only OP-TEE.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Regarding the boot using 157c-dk2 (two first lines), this is only a workaround needed on certain boards, not a global rule.

At first intent, you should use 'normal' 157f-dk2 on your 157F-DK2 board.

Regards.