cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157 OTP voltage

NCF
Associate II

Hi guys,

I'm designing a custom board with STM32MP157C using the MB1263 board as reference.

The MB1263 reference design shows the VDD_OTP pin tied to VDD, which is 3V3 for that particular board.

My custom board uses VDD = 1V8 instead of 3V3.

Should I tie the VDD_OTP to 3V3 or 1V8?

I could not find any reference on VDD_OTP recommended voltage.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

VDD_OTP does not exist in product documentation, board schematics were done on a very first engineering sample silicon where this pin was present for test purposes.

On final products, there is no VDD_OTP pin, OTP programming voltage is internally tied to VDD. The former VDD_OTP pin you can see on some schematics is now a VDD pin in product datasheet.

So, no worries, OTP could be programmed with either VDD = 1.8 or 3.3V.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PatrickF
ST Employee

VDD_OTP does not exist in product documentation, board schematics were done on a very first engineering sample silicon where this pin was present for test purposes.

On final products, there is no VDD_OTP pin, OTP programming voltage is internally tied to VDD. The former VDD_OTP pin you can see on some schematics is now a VDD pin in product datasheet.

So, no worries, OTP could be programmed with either VDD = 1.8 or 3.3V.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.