ttao.1
Associate II

hi st expert

When i use pip3 install some package on board, i get some error as follew:

running build_ext

building '_cffi_backend' extension

creating build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.8

creating build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.8/c

arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi-gcc -mthumb -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7 -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -

g -O3 -Wall -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fmacro-prefix-map=/python3/3.8.2-r1=/usr/src/debug/python3/3.8.2-r1 -fdebug-prefix-m

ap=/python3/3.8.2-r1=/usr/src/debug/python3/3.8.2-r1 -fdebug-prefix-map== -fdebug-prefix-map== -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -f

macro-prefix-map=/python3/3.8.2-r1=/usr/src/debug/python3/3.8.2-r1 -fdebug-prefix-map=/python3/3.8.2-r1=/usr/src/debug/python3/3.8.2-r1 -fdeb

ug-prefix-map== -fdebug-prefix-map== -fPIC -DFFI_BUILDING=1 -I/usr/include/ffi -I/usr/include/libffi -I/usr/include/python3.8 -c c/_cffi_back

end.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.8/c/_cffi_backend.o

unable to execute 'arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi-gcc': No such file or directory

error: command 'arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi-gcc' failed with exit status 1

[end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.

error: legacy-install-failure

could you give me some advice for this issue? thanks

B&R

Tao

5 REPLIES 5
Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hi @ttao.1​ 

The image installed on STM32MP boards doesn't contain any toolchain nor *-dev or *-src packages hence the error displaying «No such file or directory».

Did you check your python module is not already available through the package repository service?

# apt-cache policy python3-<your_module>

If not, you have to create a recipe for each python module which is not available by default and build them from your host PC. Please refer to the wiki page: ttps://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_add_a_customer_application

Best regards,

--JM

ttao.1
Associate II

hi ​JM

I want to install a third-party python package through pip3, I have ***-py3-none-any.whl file, is there an example that can be referred to in this integration into the bb file, I see that ttps://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_add_a_customer_application this link does not seem to have my scenario and requirements? thanks

B&R

Tao

Hi @ttao.1​ 

If your python module is available through https://pypi.org/ , the recipe is almost straightforward. I think you can use the recipe meta/recipes-devtools/python/python3-tomli_2.0.1.bb in the openembedded-core layer as an example.

If the name of your module is mymodule and its current version is x.y.z, the recipe name will be python3-mymodule_x.y.z.bb

It may happen your module needs some dependencies at build time or at run time. If so, add the lines:

DEPENDS = "<the dependencies at build time>"
RDEPENDS:${PN} += "<the dependencies at run time">

Best regards,

--JM

Best regards,

--JM

ttao.1
Associate II

hi JM

I will try to add my modules bb file​ follew python3-tomli_2.0.1.bb, thanks a lot.

B&R

Tao

ttao.1
Associate II

hi JM

I found the answer on StackOverflow, thank you for your support.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51682111/how-to-add-python-modules-in-yocto-build

B&R

Tao