Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OP-TEE error on new v5.0.0 SDK

GCici
Associate II

Hi, i get this error when uboot starts on custom MP153D board:

E/TC:0 tzc_it_handler:79 TZC permission failure
E/TC:0 dump_fail_filter:420 Permission violation on filter 0
E/TC:0 dump_fail_filter:425 Violation @0xdff09000, non-secure privileged write, AXI ID 480

Can someone point me in the right direction? I cannot find a correspondence for AXI ID 480 in order to inverstigate over.

16 REPLIES 16
Gregory PLANCHON
ST Employee

Hi,

Could you give me more details on the procedure you used to boot on openSTLinux 5.0?

In order to see if it could be due to the installation .

Regards,

Grégory

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
GCici
Associate II

Hi, just compiled from downloaded sdk. I think it could be a RAM related issue. I tried the same configuration on a board with 256Mb (2Gbit) 16 bit DDR3 module (only the RAM capacity changes) and got AXI ID 4a0 error. Then I set a new ram configuration in CubeMX and now it runs OK. For the 512Mb (4Gbit) DDR3 module i still get AXI ID 480 error. I cannot find a valid configuration setup, neither I can use the bundled 1x4Gb dtsi. The RAM module is from the same family of the 2G one, same datasheet and same timings.

Hi ,

I've had a look at your problem and I'll need some more information.

• Did you touch the optee compile line to change the RAM size?
  • Can you share your TF-A device tree with me to check for errors?

Regards,

Grégory

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

if possible, could you also add the U-boot dt please ?

To sum up and be as efficient as possible,
could you share with me :

• your TF-A and U-Boot dt
  • your boot logs by adding debug to OP-TEE (CFG_TEE_CORE_LOG_LEVEL=3)

you have PM

Hi, 

I've spoken with an expert and we think that the error may not have come from there.
Could you decompile your dtb with the fdtdump command to check that this part is really present?

Regards,

Grégory

cfilipescu
Senior

I am getting the same error when using stm32mp153a part and 256MB memory. Is there a solution to overcome this problem?

debugging
Senior III

Bump in the same errors just now. That makes three of us.

This is a board with discrete power that is 512MB  STM32MP157AAA3 and runs ECO 1.0 fine.

Same issue :https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mpus-products/op-tee-error-tzc-permission-failure-on-new-v5-0-0-sdk/td-p/584339

Attached the boot log.

debugging_0-1694778324455.png