cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Precision RTC for STM32MP Linux Kernel

jandriea
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project involving the STM32MP microprocessor and I've been exploring the Real-Time Clock (RTC) functionality in the Linux kernel for timekeeping purposes.

From what I've gathered so far, the datasheet (RM0441 - Chapter 48.3.12) mentioned that the RTC can be synchronized with a remote clock using the sub-second field (RTC_SSR or RTC_TSSSR). Additionally, the RTC_SHIFTR register can be used for fine adjustments, delaying and advancing the RTC's clock by a fraction of a second. However, I am unsure whether this feature is currently implemented in the Linux kernel for the STM32MP platform.

If any of you have experience with this feature or are aware of its current status in the main Linux kernel for STM32MP, I would greatly appreciate any information you could provide. Here are my specific queries:

1. Is it already implemented in the latest Linux kernel release?
  2. If it is not yet developed, would it be feasible to implement this feature for the STM32MP platform in the Linux kernel?
  3. What would be the general approach or pointers for implementing this feature in the Linux kernel for STM32MP?

Thank you all for your time and support!

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @PS-PabloGS 

Sorry, we no longer pursue this issue as the project requirement has changed.