cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I want to connect external Ethernet module below as a second Ethernet port to stm32mp157d-dk1 board and access it from the embedded linux. How can I do it? Thanks a lot.

eeng.1
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @eeng.1​ 

unfortunately, there is very few details on your module, if SPI or similar interface, might probably need SW driver customization where we cannot help much.

With STM32MP157x-DK1/DK2 boards, to add a 2nd Ethernet port, it would be more straightforward to use such USB Type-A<->Ethernet module which is widely available and should work with default Starter Package.

0693W00000Y8RciQAF.pngRegards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @eeng.1​ 

unfortunately, there is very few details on your module, if SPI or similar interface, might probably need SW driver customization where we cannot help much.

With STM32MP157x-DK1/DK2 boards, to add a 2nd Ethernet port, it would be more straightforward to use such USB Type-A<->Ethernet module which is widely available and should work with default Starter Package.

0693W00000Y8RciQAF.pngRegards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I bought a USB type A to ethernet converter and it worked perfectly. (with speed 100Mbps). Thanks a lot.