cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling all clocks TF-A, what could go wrong?

JOhn1
Associate III

Hello we are using STM32mp153 for multiple products, and I'm considering buiding a generic TF-A bootloader with one device tree with all the clocks enabled for all the peripherals.

I would like to do this in order to make it more generic across our portfolio.

Does this come with any potential problems down the line?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OlivierK
ST Employee

Hi JOhn (Community Member),

No I don't see any issue enabling all the available clocks in TF-a, if power consumption is not an issue for you. Indeed customisation is made in DT at U-boot and/or Linux level depending of your needs.

Regards,

Olivier

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
OlivierK
ST Employee

Hi JOhn (Community Member)

TF-A is normally restricted to the minimal configuration to enable system an security compoments. However just enabling all the peripheral clocks available in TF-A is not an issue. What kind of problems are you thinking about?

Basically if possible, I would like to reeuse the TF-a for different products.

This is so that specialization can happen at the linux devicetree level, saving efforts when adapting new products.

We have a large portfolio of products we are migrating to STM32mp, and savings in complexity are well worth it.

What I mean is that we then can avoid building a fully custom TF-A for each product, but can remain on one.

OlivierK
ST Employee

Hi JOhn (Community Member),

No I don't see any issue enabling all the available clocks in TF-a, if power consumption is not an issue for you. Indeed customisation is made in DT at U-boot and/or Linux level depending of your needs.

Regards,

Olivier