cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can STM32MP151 transfer sound via HDMI connector?

DMårt
Senior II

I'm buildning my own computer by using STM32MP151AAC3.

I'm going to draw lines for the HDMI connector. I have one question: Can I transfer sound via the HDMI cable? For example if I run OpenSTLinux onto the STM32MP151AAC3 processor, and then I connect the HDMI cable and I can see the screen. Will I be able to hear sound too if I surf into Youtube?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

no issue to have nice GUI with STM32MP151.

3D is possible, but without GPU and with single-core Cortex-A7, might not be best performances.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @DMårt 

note that performance of STM32MP151A as general purpose 'computer' might be deceptive. I think you could forget Youtube video thru HTML browsing (e.g. no high-resolution capable and only SW video decoder).

Anyway, no issue to output audio on HDMI, please refer to STM32MP157F-DK2 reference design.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@PatrickF 

Thank you for your reply.

I have no plats to have that STM32MP151AAC3 as a general purpose computer. But I have plans to have a GUI application onto it, written in C or C++ or Java.

Is that possible? 3D or 2D.

Hi,

no issue to have nice GUI with STM32MP151.

3D is possible, but without GPU and with single-core Cortex-A7, might not be best performances.

Regards.