cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-Boot not starting from SP_MIN on STM32MP151

SJans.1
Associate II

I am on environment 2.0.0 and a custom board with PMIC and STM32MP151 booting via serial interface with the STM32CubeProgrammer using UART4 for debug output.

I managed to get the TF-A running up until it is in BL32 (sp_min) and prints "Preparing exit to normal world". This seems to be the last message before U-Boot is supposed to print something. Which it does not.

I tried to enable early debug, but i am not exactly sure where and how to set those options.

I added

CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_BOARD_INIT=y

CONFIG_DEBUG_UART=y

CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_STM32=y

to the stm32mp15_basic_defconfig, but this has no effect.

I did fill all the user sections in the DT as far as i can think of. Using one of the eval boards as a template.

I attached both DT for TF-A and U-Boot as well as a UART Trace.

Any idea where to start looking?

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

​Hi @SJans.1​ ,

I notice that node  “&nvmem_layout" is missing in section /* USER CODE BEGIN addons */

It bring some information about OTP data required during TF-A execution which may explain you are stuck.

Please give it a try and let me know

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

thanks for the tip.

I added the layout section. In fact it is a copy from the eval board project i used. Someone from ST also send me an EMail with an example bring-up.

So i copied most of that into my project now. Unfortunatelly i had no success so far.

Is there any advice on adjusting the layout section to our board, or is this not neccessary? It is using 512 MB DDR and an emmc connected to SDMMC2.

Also, does the TF-A perform a basic test of the DDR before it tries to start the U-Boot? Like a basic read/write test?

As it is a custom board i can not exclude the possibilty that our DDR might not work properly.

I really appreciate your help and patience 😉

fyi: I am on vacation for one week, so won't be able to do any further tests until i am back