cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python version & sdk 1.2

Eldam
Senior

Hello ST Teams!

I'd like to know if it's possible to upgrade Python version and at the same time stay at 1.2 SDK.

I've read the "STM32MP1 Ecosystem known bugs and common pitfalls" post and "https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000Ab3toSAB/how-to-upgrade-to-python-36"

its seems we cannot do it easily?

Any advice?

We aim to build a st-image-core with embedded upgraded python version.

Have a nice weekend!

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Eldam​ ,

One solution could be to copy all python3 recipes from V2.0 into V1.2 Distribution (layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/python) , bringing Python3.8 support in V1.2.

May this suit your need ?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Eldam
Senior

Well, thanks a lot for answering me.

I've tried your idea, but with no result.

I cleaned all content in SDK1.2/[...]/recipes-devtools/python and replaced by the files from SDK2.0/[...]/recipes-devtools/python

I can do bitbake python3 witch work (seems good)

But when i do a bitbake st-image-core with a "clean" local.conf" (no modules added)

Ive got an error about missing rdepends "python-native" (wich was present on SDK1.2 dir python)

I'm not using python2 anywhere (i see a package group framework tools base python ref) in my (working) manifest file. (but it seems to be not used in ST package file)

By the way, we have two options: upgrading to SDK2 or trying to upgrade my python3.

For the first one, we need from Octavo System, their updated "minimal config" ioc file, with sdk2.0 compatiblity.

for the second one, i need the Necronomicon book to find a solution.

Have a nice day!