cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157 How to run React / Electron app on OpenStLinux

RichardCSharp
Associate

Hi,

My STM32MP157f-DK2 contains the OpenSTLinux image FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157f-dk2-trusted.tsv. The sdcard is 16GB in size. I am unsure whether this is the right OpenSTLinux image to use when i would like to deploy a React / Electron application on the board. Does anyone have experience with running a React / Electron app on this board? The problem i am facing now is that the total free mem shown is 160MB (free -t -m) while my React package is 477MB in size. Help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @RichardCSharp 

I guess you might have a try of the so call "extensible" image provided in Starter Package 

images\stm32mp1\flashlayout_st-image-weston\extensible

All the remaining space of your SDCard is then available for extra package 

Hope it help,

Olivier 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the reply. I could not find any additional info on the extensible flash layout. What does it have to offer and what are the differences between the other flash layouts? Do you have a link for more information available?

Hi @RichardCSharp ,

If you compare "extensible" flashlayout with default one you can notice that size of rootfs partition is no more contrain by userfs partition set afterward. 

That's the only different allowing to populate rootfs usign apt-get up to the total amount of the storage. 

I'm not sure where the mentionned React package will be embedded ? 

Anyway, another alternative can be to tune the address and offset in the flash layout to fit the needed space of the target partition. 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN