cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP_MIN for V4.0.0

fpoussin
Associate III

I've just made the switch for V4.0.0 (A-TF 2.6, Linux 5.15 but with Barebox instead of U-Boot) using Buildroot as before.

I had trouble to bring the system up because of what has been changed in regard to SCMI.

The DT node's compatible name was changed to force OP-TEE, which is a no go in my case for now.

I'll just leave the solution here in case anyone faces the same issue.

Simply override the scmi node with the old values:

&scmi {
    // Revert OP-TEE to SP_MIN
    // Previously compatible = "linaro,scmi-optee";
    compatible = "arm,scmi-smc";
    arm,smc-id = <0x82002000>;
};

This will allow you to boot without any changes compared to V3.

3 REPLIES 3
Bernard PUEL
ST Employee
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @fpoussin​,

Thank you for your contribution. You are right, since the v4.0, the default secure monitor is now OP-TEE and not SP_MIN.

By the way, ST highly recommends to use OP-TEE on this OSTL version and on next ones.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LionelD
Associate II

Hello @fpoussin​ ,

One more question, I'm surprised you need to patch the scmi node because, in order to ease the usage of SP-MIN for some customer that want to stay (for now) on SP-MIN, we directly patch the scmi node from SP-MIN (the u-boot DT node) that allow to dynamically switch to arm,scmi-smc compatible. U-Boot do it dynamically between U-Boot DT and the kernel one.

Are you sure to use all the V4.0 firmware version?