cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover after flashing wrong tf-a firmware?

Jin
Associate II

Hi,

I was looking at the ST Yocto dunfell update and wanted to update tf-a firmware and u-boot:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mp/tree/dunfell/recipes-bsp/trusted-firmware-a

Unfortunately I did not realize which of the tf-a versions I should use and ended up flashing the SSP version (using STM32_Programmer_CLI programmer via USB OTG connection)

I had a serial terminal connected open on the other port and saw an error about SSP not being supported on this board when it tried to boot, so I wanted to flash back my old version. Unfortunately, I had to realize that its no longer possible...

The USB OTG connection which is being used for DFU is dead, I do not see anything in dmesg on my notebook when plugging or unplugging the the ST board or when powering cycling the board. The other USB port which I use for a serial connection is still being detected, but I see no output in the terminal when powering the board on.

Basically I lost the ability to reprogram the board via DFU... I also tried booting from the SD card (changed the boot switches accordingly), but it does not come up.

So at this point it is kind of bricked... how can recover from this?

12 REPLIES 12
Bernard PUEL
ST Employee

Hello,

to double check, could you please send a picture of the sticker (with ID) of your MB1263 board + a picture of your STM32MP15 ?

Hi,

sorry, but I do not have the board anymore, I sent it back a while ago to ST as agreed with ST support, I can look up the support case number if it helps.

Bernard PUEL
ST Employee

Ok no pb. I will check as soon as people will be back from vacations.