cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD display not turning on - STM32MP135F-DK

ChrisCrossCrash
Associate

I just received my STM32MP135F-DK in the mail today. I was able to use STM32CubeProgrammer v2.16.0 to populate the device using the Starter Package, which I downloaded from here:

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32mp1starter.html#st-get-software

The file I downloaded was named:

en.flash-stm32mp1-openstlinux-6-1-yocto-mickledore-mp1-v23-06-21.tar.gz

And the file that I used in the STM32CubeProgrammer to download the firmware to the device was named:

FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp135f-dk-optee.tsv

After downloading the firmware to the device and toggling the switches to the correct mode, I powered up the device and the display never turned on. However, I was able to open a terminal on the device through the serial connection.

Everything seems to be working fine as far as the terminal is concerned. I even managed to connect the device to my home network and SSH into it.

The LCD display shows no signs of life. I've never seen the splash screen, or even a flicker out of it. There is no backlight turning on.

I tried flashing it with the Starter Package version 4.1.0 instead of 5.0.0, but I'm getting the same result.

I'd appreciate some help getting this device working. Does this sound like a hardware issue? Or perhaps the screen is defective on this device?

1 REPLY 1
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @ChrisCrossCrash ,

This looks indeed abnormal, seems your board is defective. 

I recommand you to contact your distributor to get a new board

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.