cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging M4 in Production Mode, buildroot linux

MSven.2
Associate II

Hi,

I'm using a custom buildroot build (2021.11) with linux 5.15.13, on the stm32mp157f-ev1 board.

I can load an .elf M4 firmware into the M4 core and start it, using /sys/class/remoteproc/remoteproc0

However, I can't use the debugging feature of STM32CubeIDE. I get an error in "final launch sequence".

0693W00000JOx4BQAT.png 

It works fine when I'm running the standard ST linux distribution however.

Does anybody know, what is required for CubeIDE debugging to work on the M4 core in production mode?

I notice some ST stuff missing from linux 5.15.13, compared to the 5.10.61 linux used in the ST distribution: rproc_srm_core, rproc_srm_dev, tee_remoteproc, rpmsg_tty. Any of this required for CubeIDE debugging?

10 REPLIES 10
MSven.2
Associate II

Hi @LudovicR​ and @Community member​ ,

I figured out the last detail now.

The MPU SSH was enabled and working ("Open Command Shell" works), but debug still failed.

Under Window -> Preferences -> Remote Development -> Remote Connections -> "Remote Services: SSH" -> "MPU SSH" -> "Advanced", I need to either disable "Use login shell", or change it to /bin/sh.

Now everything works fine!

Probably my issue was that I don't have /bin/bash, but only /bin/sh. Funny that MPU SSH -> Open Command Shell worked fine though.

Thanks for all your help, I'm very happy now! 🙂