cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uboot not executing board_init function?

jhi
Senior

I'm using the bootlin buildroot branch: st/2021.02.

I want to run a certain function on init of the Uboot (board_init function), like the ones used for the DK1 and DK2. My problem is that the function doesn't seem to be called. I have tried to debug the problem and put printf and put commands to get something shown on terminal, but nothing gets printed on terminal. I also tried to put while(1); function, to the board_init function, but the boot just goes on. When using make uboot-rebuild, I can see that the stm32mp1.c is compiled after I have changed it. I also deleted everything on output/images, so that the new images are really made. I also tried to do the same to board_late_init function, but no change.

What am I doing wrong? Is the function not really called? If not, why? And if yes, why isn't it even stopping with while(1) endless loop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jhi
Senior

My stupid failure. Because of Arm trusted firmware, I have to rebuild it also to see the changes I made to u-boot.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jhi
Senior

My stupid failure. Because of Arm trusted firmware, I have to rebuild it also to see the changes I made to u-boot.