cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinout/Functionality between STM32MP1 devices and development boards, are they mostly similar?

daded.1
Associate II

Hello,

I would like to embark on a project for a custom board with the STM32MP157DAB1 and I am referencing the STM32MP15-DISCO schematic from ST which uses the STM32MP157CAC3.

My Question: How do I translate between the functionality of the pins?

From observation, some functionality in one package does not translate to the other and after searching the datasheet, I am lost and need some guidance.

Example, PC0 functions as LTDC_R5 (in the STM32MP157CAC3) and is connected with the video input of the SiI9022ACNU(another chip on the discovery board). How do I translate this functionality to the STM32MP157DAB1? What pin do I use for this on the STM32MP157DAB1?0693W00000Hqit7QAB.pngAny help is appreciated, thanks!

PS - just an afterthought after reading other posts, do I have to use the STM32CubeMX to define such properties?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @daded.1​ ,

There is many muxing possibilities, you could find them in datasheet, but CubeMX (or CubeIDE) would be more handy to define the choices related to your board, especially if you want to use different package having less GPIOs.

Btw, PC0 and PC3 you mention also exist in other package, so with same muxing possibilities.

I recommend that beside datasheet and reference manual, you also read AN5031 and wiki.

Note that for Cortex-M4 side, CubeMX provides ready-to-use code and definition whereas for Cortex-A7/Linux side, CubeMX only provide skeleton Device Tree which need to be adapted to your board (e.g. https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_configure_U-Boot_for_your_board).

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @daded.1​ ,

There is many muxing possibilities, you could find them in datasheet, but CubeMX (or CubeIDE) would be more handy to define the choices related to your board, especially if you want to use different package having less GPIOs.

Btw, PC0 and PC3 you mention also exist in other package, so with same muxing possibilities.

I recommend that beside datasheet and reference manual, you also read AN5031 and wiki.

Note that for Cortex-M4 side, CubeMX provides ready-to-use code and definition whereas for Cortex-A7/Linux side, CubeMX only provide skeleton Device Tree which need to be adapted to your board (e.g. https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_configure_U-Boot_for_your_board).

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PatrickF
ST Employee

There is also some FAQ here.

e.g. FAQ : STM32MP1 - How to create a device tree adapted to your design with STM32CubeMx?

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @daded.1​ 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

Regards,

Kevin