cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash SD(TF)-card over USB adapter.

KSuch.2
Associate II

On most cases the script "create_sdcard_from_flashlayout.sh" futile. Built-in card reader today is preliminary remains on notebooks. As result very often a sd-card used over a usb adapter. On a remote virtual machines always it will be used over a card reader. What do you do to resolve the problem? Or STM32CubeProgrammer solves the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @KSuch.2​ 

Not sure to get your point.

Did you refer to https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_populate_the_SD_card_with_dd_command ?

SDCard in card reader or over usb are both supported. Only volume name will differ.

STM32CubeProgrammer allow you to flash the SDCard directly on the target.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_use_STM32CubeProgrammer_to_populate_a_board

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
KSuch.2
Associate II

Ok. It's closed. But the important information placed on footer of the wiki. A newbie must read all the wiki before achieve the advice. Thanks.

Hi @KSuch.2

Thanks for feedback and happy if I helped you.

Anyway, it seems we can enhance something on wiki side.

Could you please precise which footer you are refering to here ?

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
KSuch.2
Associate II

I mean it's placed into "How to..." section at bottom of right wiki tree.

I's preferred to have Quick Guide for deal with Yocto and OpenEmbedded frameworks. How to use different ST's image like x11, xfce or qt5. How to add single package (recipe for .deb/.rpm) to Weston image. Step-by-stop from simple to complex. Tersely, without hyperlinks which go away from a main discussion aim. After the wiki only a porridge in my head. The wiki useful only if a man has a basic knowlegments from Yocto or OpenEmbedded.