cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The timer call-back function is not triggered when I was given an interrupt

AA.21
Associate II

I given interrupt when Lora's joining process occurred. I was refreshing the Watchdog in every given feedback. the " AppdataDutycycle" timer was started from the device is entered into the OTAA or APB mode. That time timer has started but the "APPDATA DUTY CYCLE" timer was not triggered when I gave the interrupt continuously in Lora joining process occurred.

how to rectify this issue.

The problem is the APP DATA DUTY CYCLE callback was not triggered.

6 REPLIES 6
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @AA.21​,

it would be easier to reply if you were clear about which particular STM32 device are you using. Is it some from the STM32WL series?

Also, let me rephrase your question to make sure I understood it well. Th ISR was invoked, but the interrupt service code did not call the particular callback you expected? The callbacks are called based on the peripheral status flags. Did you check if the flags are set?

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

hi @JHOUD​ 

I am using the STM32WLE5CC (RAK-3172) controller.

I set the one flag in the timer callback function and the timer run every 5 minutes. The uplink will be triggered every 5 minutes once when setting the flag in the timer callback function.

My issue was when I power ON the stm32 and give an interrupt continuously. the 5 minutes timer will be started when the device joined the network server. I will stop the continuous interrupt when the device joined the network server. every 5 minutes one uplink will be triggered in the device from the device joined to the network server. but the 5 minutes timer callback was not triggered. But the 5 minutes timer has been started in the device.

OK, what timer, what flag?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AA.21
Associate II

@JHOUD​ 

I have used a software timer (stm32 controller timers). And the flag was set by myself for doing some uplink action.

One more doubt in the timers. I used the two timers and their initialization is done in a sequenced manner. is this cause any issues?

Why don't you simply use a HW timer? There are plenty. Or in case of 5 minutes period, I think most appropriate would be to use the RTC alarm feature. and you can set two alarms if it suits your needs.

J.

AA.21
Associate II

@JHOUD​ 

Thanks for your suggestion, I try this.

Thanks for your support @JHOUD​