cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support required with SBSFU Implementation on STM32WB55

Sjain
Associate III

Hello ST Community,

I'm currently working on a project using the STM32WB55 MCU and am in the process of implementing Secure Boot and Secure Firmware Update (SBSFU) in my custom application. As part of this, I decided to test the existing 1_Image_SBSFU example before integrating it into my application. However, I'm encountering some issues and would appreciate your guidance.

Issues Encountered:

1. Application Not Working:

• The bootloader appears to be functioning correctly. I can see the STM_OTA device in the ST BLE sensor mobile application.
    • When attempting to perform an OTA update using the my application file, it results in an error.
      Sjain_0-1719740326469.png
    • Conversely, using the UserApp.sfb file for OTA update works and presents multiple test options (as shown in the attached images).
      Sjain_1-1719740338555.png
  2. STM32WB Board Access Issue:

• After these attempts, I'm now unable to access my STM32WB board via ST-Link for flashing and debugging purposes.

Can anyone provide a step-by-step guide on how to properly test this firmware? Are there any specific configurations or steps that I might be missing?
What steps should I take to regain access to my STM32WB board via ST-Link for further debugging?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your support!

Best regards,
SJain

5 REPLIES 5
Sjain
Associate III

Hello ST Community,

I wanted to check if there have been any updates or insights regarding the issues I posted about implementing SBSFU on my STM32WB55 MCU.  What steps should I take to regain access to my STM32WB board via ST-Link for debugging?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,
SJain

Sjain
Associate III

Hi ST team,

1. Application Not Working:

• The bootloader appears to be functioning correctly. I can see the STM_OTA device in the ST BLE sensor mobile application.
    • When attempting to perform an OTA update using the my application file, it results in an error.

I have successfully build my application compatible with SBSFU and after OTA, basic functionality is working but BLE is not working.
The same firmware worked earlier without an issue and BLE stopped working only after integrating SBSFU changes in firmware.

Can you please guide me to fix this issue?
Also What steps should I take to regain access to my STM32WB board via ST-Link for further debugging?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your support!

Best regards,
SJain

sam0090
Associate

Hi ST Community,

I'm working on a project using the STM32WB55 MCU, implementing Secure Boot and Secure Firmware Update (SBSFU). While testing the 1_Image_SBSFU example, I've encountered issues:

1. **Application Not Working**:
- Bootloader works, and STM_OTA device is visible in the ST BLE sensor app.
- OTA update with my application file fails, but using UserApp.sfb works.

2. **STM32WB Board Access Issue**:
- I can't access my STM32WB board via ST-Link for flashing and debugging after these attempts.

Can anyone guide me on properly testing this firmware and regaining ST-Link access?

Thanks,
SJain

Sjain
Associate III

Hi @STTwo-32 ,

I know that CPU2 is fully initialized when the static void APPE_SysEvtReadyProcessing( void * pPayload ) function reaches to the stack. If this condition (p_sys_ready_event->sysevt_ready_rsp == WIRELESS_FW_RUNNING) is met, I know CPU2 is good to go.
My firmware keeps waiting until CPU2 is fully initialized to start it's other routines that are dependent of BLE and other shared resources with CPU2.

What happens is that this function is not called in my firmware it keeps waiting for this.
Can you please help me to fix this issue ?

Thanks,

Sjain

Sjain
Associate III

Hi ST Community,

I wanted to follow up on an issue I posted about BLE MCU(cpu2) not responding. Could you please provide an update on the status of this issue?

Thanks,

SJain