cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WLE5x NVIC RTC on Rev. Y die crash

6313oscar
Associate II

Hi,

We have been using the STM32WLE5CB for a while now, using the older die revision Z. Since we have a new batch with the new revision Y die of the STM32WLE5x we couldn't get our firmware working anymore. 

To try make it work we have tried to use the example LoRaWAN endnode and couldn't get it working on this revision. It seems to get stuck in initializing the RTC Alarm in the MX_NVIC_Init()

HAL_NVIC_EnableIRQ(RTC_Alarm_IRQn);

Where it finally crashes in the core_cm4.h 

/**
  \brief   Get Interrupt Enable status
  \details Returns a device specific interrupt enable status from the NVIC interrupt controller.
  \param [in]      IRQn  Device specific interrupt number.
  \return             0  Interrupt is not enabled.
  \return             1  Interrupt is enabled.
  \note    IRQn must not be negative.
 */
__STATIC_INLINE uint32_t __NVIC_GetEnableIRQ(IRQn_Type IRQn)
{
  if ((int32_t)(IRQn) >= 0)
  {
    return((uint32_t)(((NVIC->ISER[(((uint32_t)IRQn) >> 5UL)] & (1UL << (((uint32_t)IRQn) & 0x1FUL))) != 0UL) ? 1UL : 0UL));
  }
  else
  {
    return(0U);
  }
}

Does anyone know what difference there is between Revision Z and Y, and how I can resolve my problem? The 32kHz RTC clock is working on my board where I have looked at the LSCO Clock Output on a scope.

11 REPLIES 11

Still trying to figure out what is going on, hard to do with a debugger attached as its behaviour is different.

Getting a high rising current peak when it crashes, after this doing a hardware reset it seems to be stuck in some idle state.

6313oscar
Associate II

It seems to be that the custom PCB was the issue, where the PH3-Boot0 pin was floating.