cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB5x CubeMX thread project configuration

romihs
Associate II

Hi,

I do not have much SW experience, so I am struggling a bit to wrap my head around some things...

I'm trying to set up a project in CubeMX for a STM32WB5x Thread application.

In the STM32_WPAN mode configuration, there are 2 UART parameters in the Configuration tab (CFG_DEBUG_TRACE_UART, CFG_CLI_UART) that are resulting in the red (or magenta) error symbol shown next to the STM32_WPAN item in the Middleware category (on the righthand side of the application).

I'd like to setup an application using the API to interface with the Thread network (without a UART CLI).

I do not find an option where I can disable Thread_Cli_Cmd.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkfbXQAQ.png 

I've not been able to find documentation, or examples detailing this anywhere.

If anyone has experience with setting up an openthread project in the STM32WB5x, or can point in towards some useful resources, I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @romihs​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

This AN5289 Application note could be very helpful .

Thx

Ghofrane

romihs
Associate II

Hi @Ghofrane GSOURI​ ,

Yes, I have looked at that document quite extensively.

It however does not cover CubeMX in it. I am still relying heavily on CubeMX to prepare a starting point for me to build my application on. I am only beginning to understand how the ST code is structured, but would probably loose a lot of time if I were to build the project from scratch myself.

Thanks

Sandi

romihs
Associate II

HI,

Perhaps I should structure this question differently.

Does one have to always include the UART interfaces when implementing the OpenThread middleware components?

Regards

Sandi