cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55RGV6 (board P_NUCLEO_WB55) STM32cubeprogrammer errors show: first erro: No STM32 target found when i press button 'reset' error: ST_link erro(DEV_TARGET_CMD_ERR) stm32cubeide errors: error in launch sequence: Failed to startGDB server

Lep
Senior

Note: I can use stlink to download programs to other boards.But p_nulceo_wb55 doesn't work well. I use an external stlink instead of the on-board stlink, the errors are same.

I was learning Bluetooth, It would have worked well. After a while, an error has occurred.

Is it because I have downloaded some program?

The errors are as follows(use stm32cubeprogrammer :(

0693W00000NpzZQQAZ.pngthe erros in stm32cubeide:

0693W00000Npzb7QAB.png 

10 REPLIES 10
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can try to change the Mode to "Under reset" on STM32CubeProgrammer or press reset button SW4, keep SW4 pressed, click on Connect and release the button.

Best Regards

Lep
Senior

Thank you for your answer. The problems still exists. Once I pulled up boot0, I can connect the p_nucleo_wb55, but i can‘t read the flash and erase the flash,

, the error is 'Error: Mass erase operation failed.Please verify flash protection'. Later , the problem becom as mentioned above error ' no stm32 target found '.

Hello @�?� 丫饼​ ,

Make sure that your STLink firmware is upgraded. Check pin configuration from the SWD connector. Can you try on another hardware?

If connect under reset doesn’t help, so probably the issue is related to power-supply configuration.

When your issue is solved, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thank you.

P_NUCLEO_WB55RGV6(MB1355C) :

1. The st_link is on board and pin configuration is fixed.
  2. Another hardware can download ok.
  3. The power configuration is as picture shows , i check it many times.

0693W00000NrWOwQAN.jpg

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @�?� 丫饼​ ,

Make sure that you use the latest release of CubeProgrammer and CubeIDE.

I advise you this FAQ: How to solve debugger connection issues, it may helps you.

> Another hardware can download ok.

Have you checked with STM32WB board or another series of hardware?

Maybe you can check with another toolchain as Keil or IAR, to identify if this problem is related to CubeIDE tool.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thank you. I buy another P_NUCLEO_STM32WB55. And it works well.

I check the hardware configuration, and it's the same as the new.

I use STM32CUBEPRO to download the code. Keil and stm32cubeide can't download well.

Hello Lep (Community Member),

Check the Option bytes configurations, they might be different.

It could be a hardware limitation, please verify the Revision ID of the different chips (Can be displayed by CubeProg when connecting the board) and later check the Errata sheet of the MCU, in which you may find the reason of the limitation(if exists).

Sara.

0693W00000NsVxxQAF.png0693W00000NsVy7QAF.pngThank you, This problem has been bothering me for a long time, I have not been able to connect stm32 target.

Hello @�?� 丫饼​ ,

Maybe the program you loaded in the MCU is causing this issue. If this is the case, I would advise you to boot from system memory.

You just need to connect BOOT0 to VDD, reset the board and then try to connect via CubeProgrammer and finally mass erase the Flash memory.

If the proposed solution didn't work could you please send me the code so that I can reproduce the issue ?

Thanks,

Sara.