cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB Thread-RCP and Raspberry Pi 3B for Border Router feature.

YTalh.1
Associate II

From the STM32CubeWB firmware package, there is a Thread_RCP project. However, there doesn't seem to be any documentation for it (it is not even mentioned in AN5289). The only hint is the readme.txt file which says:

"This application is used to demonstrate the OpenThread Border router feature using an STM32WB device.

To play with the demo, you need a Raspberry Pi 3B (RPi) to perform the link with Wi-Fi/Ethernet networks

The full setup and the associated documentations can be requested to ST on demand".

Where can I find the full setup and associated documentation?

Thank you,

14 REPLIES 14
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

I need to check what documentation we could provide considering your case.

PSiwe.1
Associate

@Remi QUINTIN​ Is there any chance to also receive this documentation? I am looking for option to use STM32WB as a border router with raspberry by example. I checked Thread_RCP project but general documentation doesn't provide much information.

EBouc.1
Associate

Hi,

I'm also interrested to know how to use the stm32wb55 with the openthread RCP stack/firmware.

@Remi QUINTIN​ Could you tell me where to find the associated documentation ?

Also, do you have plan to support the spinnel protocol (over uart/usb or spi) to communicate with the stm32wb55 as a ncp device ?

Thanks for your help.

AVerh.1
Associate

Hi, is there an update on the documentation for the RCP firmware for the STM32WB?

TDłubis
Associate

Hi,

@Remi QUINTIN​ Could you tell me where to find the associated documentation? I will try STM32WB as a border router with RPI3.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

This is the document joined with the border router project with RPI3.

YTalh.1
Associate II

Thank you!

Thanks for this documentation.

Where can I download this "OTBR_CLI_RPi_1.0.img" to flash?

I want to build this demo too.

Please attach OTBR_CLI_RPi_1.0.img here.

Or. . . Please give me some information.

Can I create an RPi RCP image with the following steps?

https://openthread.io/guides/border-router/raspberry-pi

Regards​