cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB - STM32_WPAN (BLE) with FREERTOS

AbidSulaiman
Associate III

Hello,

I am using CubeMX 5.1 and I am aware that it is not possible to activate FREERTOS when STM32_WPAN is activated. Is there any way to integrate FREERTOS with BLE? Is the feature maybe coming out in the future?

20 REPLIES 20
PATRICK COMBETTE
Associate II

So, here am I again....

I finally succeeded in Cube MX and WB Firmware package, by performing a manual install.

So, now, I've got :

• CubeMX v6.3.0
  • Firmware STM32WB v1.12.1

BUT this didn't solve the initial problem :

I still can't set FresRTOS simultaneously with WPAN functionnality as Server custom template and add my own services and characteristics....

Do you have more ideas on how can I do that ?

Thanks for quick help.

Patrick...

I had the same problem, but it allowed me to select both freeRTOS and BLE after I switched my FreeRTOS settings from cmsis V1 to V2. (With V1 it did not allow both at the same time)

Ivan

Hello,

Ok thanks for this reply, but I'm already using CMSIS v2.

In fact, only BLE Heart Rate Monitor profile can be configure with FreeRTOS.

On my side, I need to use a Server Custom template configuration, but I can't access this option in CubMX configuration.

Any other idea or indication ?

Maybe someone already successed by configuring manually ?

Thank's again for any help !

Regards

Patrick

Hello,

I would recommend to make a comparison of the BLE Heart Rate with and without FreeRTOS.

There are few differences and you should be able to see how to move from the Sequencer to FreeRTOS.

Regards.

Hello

Thanks for this idea.

I had many looks and made several tries, but still don't succeed...

I think I wil change from ST to TexasInstruments who propose more flexible processors.

Thank's again

Bye

Is there any progress on this topic?

I want to separate ADC measurement and BLE data transmission using FreeRTOS but the initial code generated from CubeMX is not understandable.

IKotz.1
Associate II

@KKIM.6​ Since our code is complex, we did not try to update to newest Cube. The code is not using FreeRtos, but left it with ST example Task Sequencer.

We just made our own Task(state machine) and inserted a call to it to the BLE handler loop. Our code measures Analog pressure and temperature and stores it in global variables.

When BLE client requests data, the BLE Sensor (our board) replies with the current value from the global variable.

Could you share the code?

Then I can modify my code.

If there is any example, please let me know to follow it.

ICMosquera
Associate III

Plus 1 on this request.