cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Custom BLE Server Disappearing When Enabling FreeRTOS on STM32WB5MM

majd_sleem
Visitor

Dear ST Support Team,

I am working on a project using the STM32WB5MM module, where I am trying to create a custom BLE service under Server mode, and also enable FreeRTOS for task management. However, I’ve encountered an issue where the Custom Server option in STM32CubeMX disappears when I activate FreeRTOS.

Here’s a summary of my setup:

• Microcontroller: STM32WB5MM
  • STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.16.0
  • BLE Middleware: STM32_WPAN (BLE stack enabled)
  • RTOS: FreeRTOS (latest available in STM32CubeMX)

When FreeRTOS is not enabled, the Custom Server option appears normally, allowing me to configure a custom BLE service. However, as soon as I activate FreeRTOS, the option disappears from the BLE Server mode configurations. I have ensured that the BLE stack is configured properly and that I am using the peripheral role for BLE.

I have also checked memory allocation and attempted to adjust heap sizes, but the problem persists. Could you please advise on why this conflict occurs and how I can enable both FreeRTOS and a custom BLE service on STM32WB5MM?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or recommended steps to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @majd_sleem and welcome to the ST Community .

So, fir now this is the only possible server option on CubeMX configuration tab will using FREERTOS on a STM32WB MCU/module is the Heart rate option. If you are looking for other server options. You have to do the implemtation manually (without refering to CubeMX for Configuration and initialisations).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.