cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE can not update LoRaWAN_End_Node.ioc without severe breakage

Dana Myers
Senior

I used STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1 and STM32_WL V1.0.0 to create the LoRaWAN_End_Node example project. When I edit the IOC file to simply add support for CRC and regenerate sources, I can no longer build the example.

I get a huge number of duplicate symbol errors - example:

C:/Users/danam/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.6.1/LoRaWAN_End_Node/Middlewares/Third_Party/LoRaWAN/Utilities/utilities.c:73: multiple definition of `memcpyr'; Middlewares/LoRaWAN/utilities.o:C:/Users/danam/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.6.1/LoRaWAN_End_Node/Middlewares/Third_Party/LoRaWAN/Utilities/utilities.c:73: first defined here
c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.5.1\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.win32_1.5.0.202011040924\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: Middlewares/LoRaWAN/Utilities/utilities.o: in function `memset1':
C:/Users/danam/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.6.1/LoRaWAN_End_Node/Middlewares/Third_Party/LoRaWAN/Utilities/utilities.c:82: multiple definition of `memset1'; Middlewares/LoRaWAN/utilities.o:C:/Users/danam/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.6.1/LoRaWAN_End_Node/Middlewares/Third_Party/LoRaWAN/Utilities/utilities.c:82: first defined here
c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.5.1\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.win32_1.5.0.202011040924\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: Middlewares/LoRaWAN/Utilities/utilities.o: in function `Nibble2HexChar':
C:/Users/danam/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.6.1/LoRaWAN_End_Node/Middlewares/Third_Party/LoRaWAN/Utilities/utilities.c:90: multiple definition of `Nibble2HexChar'; Middlewares/LoRaWAN/utilities.o:C:/Users/danam/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.6.1/LoRaWAN_End_Node/Middlewares/Third_Party/LoRaWAN/Utilities/utilities.c:90: first defined here
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:79: LoRaWAN_End_Node.elf] Error 1
"make -j16 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

How do I use the tools in a way this does not happen?

Thank you,

Dana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dana Myers
Senior

After completely deleting the workspace and freshly re-installing STM32CubeIDE, this issue appears to have gone away.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dana Myers
Senior

After completely deleting the workspace and freshly re-installing STM32CubeIDE, this issue appears to have gone away.