cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Bluetooth Classic MCU

Linkpad
Associate III

Hi, I am wondering if you can get STM32 MCU with integrated Bluetooth Classic as the only examples I have found (Like WB55) are all bluetooth low energy? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Linkpad 

ST is integrating the last BLE Technologie in the STM32WB series and specially in the STM32WBA series which include High data rate, long range, High output power and a Low-power messaging capability. I think that you can run almost all possible BLE applications using one of our MCUs. you can give as your project specification, and we may can guide you to a product that can do the job.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Linkpad 

ST is integrating the last BLE Technologie in the STM32WB series and specially in the STM32WBA series which include High data rate, long range, High output power and a Low-power messaging capability. I think that you can run almost all possible BLE applications using one of our MCUs. you can give as your project specification, and we may can guide you to a product that can do the job.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Sorry to wake an old thread, but this has come up a few times recently:

@STTwo-32 wrote:

HI think that you can run almost all possible applications using one of our MCUs.

But not if your application needs to do Bluetooth Classic !

At the time of writing, with very few exceptions, that means pretty much anything with BT audio:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-wireless/stm32wba55g-dk1-not-compatible-with-all-mobiles/td-p/700344

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-wireless/audio-on-stm32wb55cg/m-p/694244/highlight/true#M20065 

Another example would be the Classic Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP):

https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/specs/serial-port-profile-1-1/

(There is no standard "serial port" profile for BLE - but plenty of proprietary implementations)

I can confirm this. Thank you so much for this feedback @Andrew Neil . I've already mentioned that it implements BLE technologie.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

@STTwo-32 wrote:

I've already mentioned that it implements BLE technologie.

Indeed.

But what people don't seem to realise is that this excludes BT Classic - and that most BT audio is, in fact, BT Classic.

Hence I think, "you can run almost all possible applications using one of our MCUs"  needs some qualification.

I've updated this.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32