cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoRaWAN is locked when I try to start a new project with stm32wl MCU. What peripherals are required to enable it or to make LoRa work?

IKarg.1
Associate II

Hello,

When I try to start a new project with stm32wl MCU, I see that LoRaWAN is locked in cubeMX. When I import one pre-configured project, I see that it is enabled, but I don't know if I have to enable some other peripherals first to enable LoRaWAN and configure it. Can someone help me understand this problem here?

Bests,

Isaac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello IKarg.1,

the LORAWAN middleware can be enabled only when SUBGhz IP is activated and for dual core project you need to also activate the IPCC. This note should also be shown in the STM32CubeMX when you click on the lock LORAWAN category. For correct setting I would recommend you to check the example projects. You can also find useful online course available here.

Best regards,

Petr

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello IKarg.1,

the LORAWAN middleware can be enabled only when SUBGhz IP is activated and for dual core project you need to also activate the IPCC. This note should also be shown in the STM32CubeMX when you click on the lock LORAWAN category. For correct setting I would recommend you to check the example projects. You can also find useful online course available here.

Best regards,

Petr

IKarg.1
Associate II

Thank you Petr for the help.

Hi Peter,

In "LoRaWAN commiddioning" , where is the "se-identity" parameters (key) from? from the IC memory?

Regards

Sam