cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lorawan example to personnal project ?

Buyabuyak
Associate

Hi, I'm new to stm32 dev, and the stm32cubeide.

We want to use the NUCLEO-WL55JC2 to try out the lorawan capabilities. No problem there, the example works just fine. ( would be interested in the LoRaWAN_End_Node_DualCoreFreeRTOS example)

but

The project structure is quite different from the "normal" (i think) project structure and the files seem to be mostly linked to the project and not copies in my workspace.

1 - How to copy (import/export ?) properly an example to start a new personal project?

2 - How to get all the libs/hal directly to the project and not linked?

If there's an official or unofficial guide for this kind of workflow I would love to rtfm.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Herve PIERROT
ST Employee

>> I suppose that they are links because the project explorer view does not match the file tree on disk...

exactly

>> The error is on me

we have a part of it

>> But why is the project structure and view completely different from other projects and app notes?

Good question... and long debate... 😉

There are different project structures coming from our legacy packages, from the different IDEs (eg : Keil, IAR, STM32CubeIDE), from the application type (eg : basic/advance selection in CubeMX).

Try to keep coherent view in STM32CubeIDE with the risk as you have seen to show it as link to file located in a different folder on the disk, but still present in the project folder.

Sometimes difficult to improve without being disruptive and trying to keep the support of the legacy,

it may come to such strange things, sorry for that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Herve PIERROT
ST Employee

Hi @Buyabuyak​ ,

How are you testing the example, just opening it in your repository folder, or using the "example selector" included in STM32CubeMX / STM32CubeIDE available in a dedicated tab of the Finder tool that open when you create a new project ?

0693W00000Suo47QAB.png 

Using this Example Selector, it should create a local copy of the example in your own user folder containing all dependencies.

If it doesn't work like the theory, let us know.

Thanks,

Buyabuyak
Associate

Hi @Herve PIERROT​, thanks for the quick answer.

Yes, I'm using the cubeMx example selector.

The error is on me, the files logo in eclipse appears as "links" but the files are in the workspace.

I suppose that they are links because the project explorer view does not match the file tree on disk...

Thus I can work from this example directly I suppose.

But why is the project structure and view completely different from other projects and app notes?

Herve PIERROT
ST Employee

>> I suppose that they are links because the project explorer view does not match the file tree on disk...

exactly

>> The error is on me

we have a part of it

>> But why is the project structure and view completely different from other projects and app notes?

Good question... and long debate... 😉

There are different project structures coming from our legacy packages, from the different IDEs (eg : Keil, IAR, STM32CubeIDE), from the application type (eg : basic/advance selection in CubeMX).

Try to keep coherent view in STM32CubeIDE with the risk as you have seen to show it as link to file located in a different folder on the disk, but still present in the project folder.

Sometimes difficult to improve without being disruptive and trying to keep the support of the legacy,

it may come to such strange things, sorry for that.